Do you love all the modern watercolor artwork you've been seeing but are stumped as to where to start creating yourself? Don't fret! This workshop is designed to give you basic knowledge, skills and confidence to get that brush to paper and have you creating beautiful florals & geometrics.
With a background in acrylics and oils, I used to be terrified of watercolors. But after buying my first set of paints, I was in love!
In this class you will learn:
- Basic Color Theory and Choosing a Pallet
- How to use and care for your brushes
- Different watercolor techniques (wet-on-wet, wet-on-dry, etc.)
- How to create geometric shapes and basic florals/leaves
- Basic composition of patterns and bouquets/wreaths
There will also be time to get in depth help with questions you have about techniques, color, composition, etc.
You will receive the following take-home materials (valued at $75):
- 3 Princeton Brushes, sizes 2 & 6 round and a flat wash brush
- 1 Canson XL Watercolor Paper Pad, 140g 9x12"
- 1 large 16 well pallet with space for mixing
- 8 watercolor paints including: red, blues, yellow, pink, black, green, brown (provided in pallet)
- pencil, ruler and eraser
- 1 watercolor booklet with color wheel and painting guide
- 1 fabric zip bag to take home all your supplies
Other provided studio supplies include:
- water cup
- paper towels
- painter's tape
Workshop Price: Register by 2/3/18 $135, $145 after; Members save 10% off all workshop pricing
Though we understand that life throws you curveballs, most of our workshops require advanced purchase of supplies.
If you need to cancel a workshop, we are happy to extend a full refund less a $5 processing fee 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
If you cancel less than 2 weeks from the date of the event and we are able to fill your spot, we will happily extend a full refund less a $5 processing fee; otherwise, we are not able to extend a full refund.