Now that you have the basics of calligraphy and can create minuscule sand majuscule letter forms and words, learn the beautiful and traditional form of Copperplate Calligraphy. You will learn about Copperplate style, flourishing and more.
The class will cover:
- A review of basic strokes and letter shapes
- A short history and use of Copperplate styles
- Uppercase letters with an introduction to flourishing
- How to create beyond letter forms and write words (spacing, letter angles, setting up projects, etc.)
Included Supplies ($40.00 value):
- 1 oblique pen holder
- 2 nibs suited for Copperplate style Calligraphy
- 1 jar of ink (black calligraphy ink)
- Paper (suited for calligraphy)
- Drill and Alphabet practice sheets with majuscules and flourishing guides
- Pencil, eraser & ruler
Ink can get messy! Dress appropriately. You are welcome to bring your own apron or smock :) Workshop Price: Register by 2/9/18 $90.00, $105.00 after; Members save 10% off all workshop pricing (Save 20% when you sign up for the trio package!)
Though we understand that life throws you curveballs, most of our workshops require advanced purchase of supplies.
If you need to cancel a workshop, we are happy to extend a full refund less a $5 processing fee 2 weeks prior to the workshop date.
If you cancel less than 2 weeks from the date of the event and we are able to fill your spot, we will happily extend a full refund less a $5 processing fee; otherwise, we are not able to extend a full refund.